Soil color is one of the most important properties used to identifying and classify soil horizons. This screening tool is an in-situ, percussion advanced instrument and builds off Dakota’s long history of developing rugged optical field tools.
The SCOST unit fits inside our LIF instruments or configured as a standalone unit. The instrument utilizes the same downhole hardware and fibers as our LIF instruments.
- Records RGB and Munsell color information with less than one inch data density
- Produces a log of color versus depth
- Fits inside a UVOST or TarGOST case, or available as a stand-alone unit
- Compatible with percussion delivery
- Utilizes Dakota’s standard fiber cables and downhole tooling
- All the benefits of in-situ optical screening, including no investigation derived waste
Click on the image for a larger version.